Riding Again After Death of Horse

>> Sep 18, 2008

Tonight my daughter will ride again for the first time since her best friend, her horse Rex, died last month. It's been almost a month since we lost him unexpectedly (see posts about Rex below these). I have mixed feelings about tonight. I want her to get back on and move forward because losing Rex was so very hard for my daughter and I don't want her to lose the confidence her gave her, but my heart still has a hole in it from losing Rex so it will be very sad at the same time to see her for the first time on another horse.

Our trainer is going to put her on one of her own horses. In another week or so, she will bring down one of her mares to the farm (weaning mommy and baby) and Bree will take care of her over the winter. She is really looking forward to that.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP