He's Gone

>> Jun 16, 2008

Jack went to his new home today to be a trail horse again. The kids and I went to the stable today to say our good-byes to him before he left.


I brushed him out good so he would look pretty for his new little owner when he came off the trailer. He enjoys being brushed and didn't mind my kisses on his nose.

I had three girls sobbing when he walked onto the trailer. Even the three year old was crying, which I didn't expect. It was a teary ride for us leaving the stable today.

He made the trip fine and he is now at his new home about 2-1/2 hours away, but it will be hard to go to the stable tomorrow and not see him at the gate waiting for us to come see him like he always did. It clenches my stomach to think of him nervous and wondering what the hell happened at his new home right now. I wonder if he's wondering where we are? He'll adjust like he did when we bought him but it's hard to think about right now. We'll adjust to:(

1 comments:

Anonymous June 21, 2008 at 6:12 AM  

It's nice to see another horse woman, my daughter trains saddle horses on a horse ranch out in the west Texas area.....she really works hard out in this summer heat and in the winter cold.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP