Neurotic Mommy

>> Aug 19, 2009

Being out in the country, having ATV's seems to be the norm rather than the exception. Seeing how I am from the big city (born in Detroit), I'm not quite used to seeing kids on these types of recreational vehicles or racing vehicles. I even have a hard time with seeing kids on tractors, which I do see, but I wouldn't let my kids even push a lawn mower. All I see is "danger, danger" flashing at me.

According to an article I read at Consumersaffairs.com, 16,200 children were treated by medical personnel in 2007 in mower-related injuries. I'm neurotic on top of being a parent so I choose not to take that chance.

We have a midget race track in town that people come to from all over, children included. They race around this track in these little cars and yes, some do get hurt. It blows my mind. If my kid wanted to race, I think I'd feel better if he or she were in a larger vehicle like a yamaha rhino 660 over a tiny little car with very little around him for protection.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP