13 Year Old Nose Piercing?

>> Jul 8, 2010

My 13-year-old daughter asked me if she could get something on her face pierced.  I have no idea where that question came from.  It's the first time she's ever mentioned an interest in any facial piercings.  I told her no to the eyebrow, no to the lip, no to the tongue and "we'll talk about a nose piercing" in a few years so that's what she is begging me to get.  I showed her YouTube videos of nose piercings, thinking it would change her mind, and it didn't work.  It didn't scare her out of wanting it.

I really didn't expect a question like this, but I don't know why.  It just caught me off-guard I guess.  I was expecting questions about the best acne medicine, boys, riding her horse, and the abs on the Twilight guys. I wasn't expecting this.

If I wasn't such a big wimp, I would have a nose piercing.  I actually think a little stud is neat.  I just don't think, at 13 years old, she should be scarring up her nose until she's a little older to make that decision. 

1 comments:

Anonymous August 19, 2010 at 4:58 AM  

i think you should let her get it. my mom let me get a nose piercing at thirteen. im fourteen now. but make a bargin with her, tell her like if she brings her grades up in school then she can get one.thats what i had to do. the piercing really dosent hurt. a shot hurts alot more.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP