Saddle Sores

>> Jul 6, 2010

After my daughter spent a couple hours up on her horse, she ended up with more than just a sore backside.  She actually had two sore spots that hurt her to sit, to bathe, etc.  Is that from saddle fit or the clothes she wore?  We had to reschedule her riding lesson today to heal her booty so it doesn't become an ongoing problem for her. 

So, instead of watching her riding lesson right now as I type this, I'm messing around the internet and looking at paint swatches.  The kitchen is almost finished - cabinets are done, Kohler kitchen sinks were looked at and one installed, and the walls were painted. Hubby messed up the caulking though so he has to pull it up, repaint underneath, and recaulk around the top of the counter.  It's time to pick out paint colors for the bathroom now!

2 comments:

Unknown July 6, 2010 at 3:39 PM  

Can anyone help me? Your daughter has the same problem I have had for some time now. I am being told that I just need to "tough it out" and put up with the soreness and bruising. I have tried custom saddles, padded underwear and powder. Any other suggestions? I am just trail riding, but ride for 2 to 3 hours a day. HELP!!!!!

Syn July 8, 2010 at 3:52 PM  

Hi! I don't have any advice. When I asked my daughter's trainer what we could do, she told me to limit her riding initially. Sort of like a "one hour ride a day keeps the booty sores away". My daughter had been riding for a couple hour, in jeans, sweating under the hot sun the entire time. I don't know...do you build calluses on your booty, lol?

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP