Will It Get Easier To Monitor My Health?

>> Feb 26, 2009

I am sitting here right now watching the news about the changes going on in the country and those yet to come. I've heard talk of making our medical records all electronic (which has me remembering that I have yet to make a doctor appointment for myself so I am going to have my husband harping on me soon again if I don't).

My current doctor is partially electronic already using a POS system, but I am wondering what it means to go entirely electronic? Does it mean WE would have access to our medical records through the Internet or just other medical personnel? I don't see that aspect of it as a bad thing. I would like to be able to look up my records online...better than waiting three days for a doctor to call me back to give me lab results! Being married to a non-custodial father, I would also like to see my husband have access to his children's medical records easily as well. However, if our entire medical history is computerized, computers can be hacked into. How would that be prevented? I certainly wouldn't want anybody else having access to my medical records.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP