Combine Takes Out Power!

>> Nov 11, 2009

Only in the boonies would this happen - a combine took out an electrical pole or some type of electrical unit and took a big part of town and the country off the electrical grid for several hours. I had to have parent-teacher conferences for 45 minutes in the dark with my daughter's teachers. Since I can't stand one of them, not having to look at his face wasn't a bad thing. A blessing in disguise!

I'm not sure if they activated the emergency alert system but it wouldn't have mattered because the television was off. I doubt they did. It was mostly just an inconvenience. I'm sure our small town cop didn't even have to come into work to direct traffic since there are only a few traffic lights here.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP