When parenting isn't fun!

>> Nov 12, 2009

The stable where our horses are boarded have a once or twice a year sleepover for all the girls who board and take lessons with them. This weekend happens to be the weekend for it and I have kids who are grounded! I don't want them to miss this sleepover because it doesn't happen very often but grounded means...grounded.

I hope kids don't think parents enjoy grounding their kids because there's nothing fun about it. I've been going back and forth over this in my mind for the last two days trying to figure out if they've done enough to make up for and get one of their privileges back (sleepovers) or if I should harden my heart and refuse. It keeps me from worrying about my normal health/weight problems so there's that. Instead of looking up phentermine, I'm struggling with parenting stuff. From a personal standpoint, a night of quiet from teenage angst would be nice. When kids get grounded, the parents seem to get grounded right along with them. Where is the fun in that?

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP