No Courage

>> Nov 1, 2009

Rex died 14 months ago and I have still not rode. I don't think I have the experience to ride my mare and really don't have any confidence that I'll stop being neurotic enough to do it successfully. With Rex, he was so well-trained and so sweet that I had some fear but not a huge amount of fear. My daughter is riding so we are at the stable still but I have yet to get back up on a horse.

I was talking to my husband about it the other day. He asked me if I'd lost interest in horses. It's not that. With three kids in soccer and three in cheerleading, I have been running constantly six days a week so there hasn't been any time since school started. We used to get to the stable several times a week but it's been hard to get down there enough recently. Getting older, I worry about getting seriously hurt (or worse) with four young kids to raise. I could get some cheap term life insurance rates to add onto our current policies to make sure they were financially taken care of but I worry that I won't see them grow up. I want to see them grow up.

So I have no riding progress to report. I've not been riding in over a year.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP