Childhood Disabilities Caused By Others

>> Mar 15, 2009

Having a child with a health problem due to somebody else's behavior can be heartbreaking. My son was born with several disabilities and the doctors said it could have been caused by the huge amounts of stress I was under while pregnant with him (getting punched in the lower back while pregnant might have had something to do with it too).

You see, when I was 4-1/2 pregnant with him, my husbands ex-girlfriend's sister thought getting in a pregnant woman's face and threatening her in front of the children was the right thing to do. I went into premature labor for several hours immediately following this event. We were finally able to get it stopped, the police were called, and warnings were given. There were a couple months there full of stress handling this situation with the appropriate agencies. Then when I was nine months pregnant at my stepdaughter's dance recital, I was punched in the lower back immediately after this same sister walked by me. What type of person would PUNCH a pregnant woman in the lower back where the baby sits? (The type of person who should be on Jerry Springer?) There were no cameras around or else I'd have had the person who threw that punch arrested in a heartbeat.

Believing that this person's actions caused my son to go through years of therapy was (is) maddening.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP